Thursday, October 30, 2014

sister love

On this day last year, after a 20-hour wait, we had our first photo as a family of five and these big sisters got to really meet their baby sis. Abby was completely smitten from the moment she laid eyes on Brooke. That day, and every time she visited Brooke in the hospital, she rubbed and rubbed and rubbed Brooke's little forehead. Got me every time. Still does. Emily? She thought Brooke was hilarious. Laughed every time she made the slightest movement or sound. :) And was fascinated with all the monitors and beeps as well as all the other NICU babies. 




It's been so sweet to watch these two love on their baby sister. So grateful they have each other. And so grateful we have each of them
fun at the orchard / pumpkin patch recently


1 comment:

  1. Hello I am one of the mothers that received a gift card from your daughter, Addy and wanted to thank you and your family very very much. That was a very very nice thing to do. My son was also diagnosed with HLHS and he had his Norwood operation done yesterday and is doing good so far. I'm so proud of him. I am glad to see that your daughters are all doing well it looks like. Me and my husband were very caught off gaurd by the gift card and note. It melted my heart to know that people are willing to help others out. So big thank you from my family to yours!

    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete