Tuesday, October 22, 2013

one week

One week.
 
One week until we meet our sweet Brooklyn Hope.
 
One week left of being pregnant. For good.
 
One week until we're a party of five.
 
One week until Little Sis also becomes Big Sis. Like her Big Sis.
 
One week until Big Sis gets to dote on Littlest Sis just as she does Little Sis. And she cannot wait.
 
One week until Daddy has the absolute joy of yet another little girl capturing his heart. And he cannot wait.
 
One week until I snuggle my Brooklyn Hope for a few short minutes before she is whisked away to the NICU.
 
One week until our new "normal."
 
One week until we begin...or maybe simply continue...a journey that we've never known. A journey with a "heart baby."
 
I don't know what the future holds for us or for our Brooke. But, this I DO know... God IS Sovereign. He IS here. He IS for us. Can He heal our Brooke's broken heart? Absolutely. Will He choose that path? I sure hope so, but I don't know.
 
Either way, I have a perfect peace that only He can bring. I heard this verse on the radio this morning, and it has lingered in my mind and my heart all day long..."You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3 
 
That He does. And that I do.
 
 
*************
 
Based on my ultrasound last Friday, Brooke's estimated weight was 6 lbs. 6 oz. She's on-pace to weigh around seven pounds at birth. Huge praise! Also, we moved my induction date/time back to begin on Monday, 10/28, at 8:00 p.m. so that she will hopefully arrive midday on Tuesday, 10/29. We are  in full prep mode. Moving into our apartment this weekend. Looking forward to spending some time settling in as a family before the big day.
 
We are humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayer for us and our Brooke. If I could give each of you a big hug and personally thank you, I would. :) For now, please know that we appreciate you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment