Wednesday, January 29, 2014

heading home tomorrow

Brooke had a really good night. Not much coughing at all and slept comfortably, for the most part, from 9:00 until 5:00 when she coughed, gagged and spit up. Typical Brooklyn. :) After the nurse and I got her clothes and bedding changed, and snuggled her a bit and then put her back in bed to sleep another few hours until the nursing students came in to do their thing around 8:30 and woke her up. I enjoyed watching her interaction with them. She really took it all in, flashed some smiles, wiggled. Pretty cute. She even gave them all a good startle when she vomited just as one of them was administering her meds. It was actually kind of funny because they all kind of jumped in panic for just a second. I assured them it was typical Brooklyn. Good learning experience for them, I suppose. :)

Anyway, a really good night and good morning today. Also, doc said her numbers looked good all night as well. No consistent drop in sat level like the night before. Just good rest and typical spit up. 

We had lots of folks in and out this morning as usual, so she was awake all morning other than a little snooze in my arms. Loved it. :) She's been napping for about an hour and hopefully will sleep quite a bit more as long as it stays quiet in here. Doctors were comfortable letting us go home today but gave me the option to stay a bit longer if I was more comfortable with that. As I told them, if we lived in St. Louis, I'd say, let's go home now! But the three-hour distance makes it a tougher choice. I've opted to stay here another night with her just to be sure we're past the worst of it. As long as things look good overnight and she continues to improve, we will leave as soon as John gets here tomorrow morning. Woohoo!

Thank you SO very much for all the prayer support and encouraging messages. God has once again done amazing things in and through Brooklyn! So grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment